Hi all! Recently, author Elsie Elmore invited me to join in on a blog hop in which I introduce my main character and answer a few questions about her. I’m excited to take part in this, and I’ve tagged a few other authors to carry the blog hop on after my post is done. All this and more is below, so let’s go ahead and get started!
- What is the name of your main character? Is she fictional or a historic person?
The main character of Awaken, and the Awakened Fate series, is a fictional girl named Chloe Kowalski.
- When and where is the story set?
Awaken is predominantly set in the modern-day, fictional town of Santa Lucina, California. The Awakened Fate series, on the other hand, takes place in numerous locations.
- What should we know about her?
Chloe is a self-reliant girl who does her best to cope with her unstable parents and their irrational fears. She is an only child, but she grew up next door to her best friend, who is basically a sister to her. She thinks she’s on a normal — albeit unauthorized — trip to the coast, instead of a roller-coaster that’s about to change her life forever.
- What is the main conflict? What messes up her life?
Psychopaths are stalking her and she doesn’t know why. This is a problem.
- What is her personal goal?
Normalcy is very important to Chloe, owing mostly to how alienated and not normal she feels due to her parents’ instability.
- Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
- When can we expect the books to be published?
Awaken is out now, and the second book of the series — Descend — is coming soon! If you want to keep up on the new releases in Chloe’s story, join my new release mailing list. I’ll only email when there’s a new book or a great promotion!
Tag, You’re It!
Here are the authors who are carrying on the blog hop!
- Helen Boswell: Helen is the author of young adult urban fantasy series, Mythology, the first book of which is only 99 cents. She’s also the author of the new adult romance Losing Enough. In addition to visiting her website, make sure to follow her on Twitter.
- J.C. Lillis: J.C. is the author of the young adult contemporary romantic fantasy, We Won’t Feel a Thing, which is on sale for the month of July. She is also the author of the young adult contemporary novel, How to Repair a Mechanical Heart. You can – and totally should – go follow her on Twitter too.
You can also find Elsie’s post about her main character on her blog, and read about the other authors she’s tagged: T.A. Brock and Sharon Bayliss. Elsie’s debut novel, The Undead: Playing for Keeps, is coming out this September. The cover reveal will be shared here on my blog next week, and in the meantime, go add The Undead to your shelf on Goodreads.
Thanks so much for reading!