If you’re interested in indie publishing, these books and blogs are a great place to start. They can help you with everything from learning the first steps of being a self-publisher to staying on top of the latest news in publishing.
The Fine Print:
- This is not an endorsement of any product or service. I am not affiliated with these various companies or individuals and I am not responsible for their actions or your experience with them in any way.
- The lists below are resources I have personally compiled. I do not accept solicitations for inclusion on these lists.
Blogs/Forums about Indie Publishing
- Sarra Cannon’s Self-Publishing Guide
- David Gaughran’s blog
- The Kindle Boards: Writers’ Cafe
- Joe Konrath’s “Newbie’s Guide to Publishing” blog
- The Passive Voice
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s blog
- Dean Wesley Smith’s blog
Books about Indie Publishing
- Let’s Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should
- Let’s Get Visible: How To Get Noticed And Sell More Books
- Write. Publish. Repeat.: The No-Luck-Required, Guide to Self-Publishing Success
Business, Entrepreneurship and Marketing
Not specifically indie-publishing related, but very useful.